So people who know me, know that I laugh at pretty much everything, but H REALLY makes me laugh. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It’s not just a biased wife thing though. He livens up any room. Like literally, he would be able to make even Eeyore laugh himself funny.
Anyhow, all this to say that this past Friday, H pulls out of nowhere a “You know you’re a wedding photographer if…” Top Ten List (à la David Letterman’s Top Ten List) on his twitter/facebook, and it was a hit!
For the #1 spot, he engaged his social network community to submit their ideas for a chance to win a complimentary lunch. Tauran Woo had the winning submission (rewrite by H)!
Now for the list!
You know you’re a wedding photographer if…
10. During weekdays you’re constantly asking yourself/others, “What day is it again?”
9. You memorized every Saturday dates in Jul/Aug/Sep of 2010, e.g. 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, etc.
8. You have to mentally prep yourself to be a normal ‘guest’ when attending a non-shoot wedding.
7. 50% of your closet = black.
6. You’re constantly/obsessively checking weather updates [which in Seattle is pointless].
5. You LOL at your civilian friend’s cute 256-meg SD card in their point-n-shoot camera.
3. Average 10-12 trips a year – only one ‘real’ vacation in the last decade. :(
2. You don’t flinch/double-take when you hear, “I’m gonna shoot that family this weekend.”
1. You can eat your steak/salmon dinner in under 3 minutes.